Hello! I'm Stephanie Jurgiel.
I am a passionate
web developerwho loves building interactive experiences for the web, and creating projects that I can be proud of and that can inspire others. I enjoy creative challenges and love opportunities to
grow and learnas a developer. I enjoy working in a
funenvironment and appreciate a good laugh.
I am currently working as a
Digital Marketing Engineerat Fitbit and hold a Bachelors degree in
Game Design and Developmentand a Minor in Psychology from Rochester Institute of Technology.
Please contact me with any questions. Thank you for visiting!
Questions? Comments? Please send me an email or give me a call!
In addition to my professional work experience, here are a few independent projects I have worked on.
LearnVCS is a tool to help improve RIT's Interactive Games and Media department's approach to teaching version control to students. As part of a team of three, I implemented designs from our designer and assured functionality on mobile devices and a variety of browsers.
Bloxeo is a collaborative brainstorming web application. Team members work together to generate, combine, and vote on ideas in order to narrow the focus of or create a goal for a project.
Break It is a casual mobile game for iOS devices. The player rotates a color wheel in the center of the screen while colored balls spawn and move towards the wheel. To progress to more difficult levels, the player must rotate the color wheel so that balls hit and destroy corresponding colors on the wheel.
Node.js, MongoDB, Jade, MVC
PicMe is a multiuser web application where users can post images to share them with other users. Register and login to start sharing and see the pictures that your friends have shared.
Map My Product
Map My Product is an HTML5 Web App Mashup. It is a product locator using the Best Buy Product, Best Buy Stores, and Google Maps APIs. Search for a product and find Best Buy stores within your chosen radius that have the product in stock.
(508) 868 - 8634
- CSS3 / SCSS
- Adobe Photoshop
- Working knowledge of Mithril.js
- Git / Bitbucket
- Agile Methodologies
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Works well in a team and independently
Fitbit, Boston, MA (March 2016 - Present)
Digital Marketing Engineer
- Successfully launching responsive, international marketing pages built from Photoshop designs for new products, features, and campaigns viewed by over 1,000,000 consumers on launch day.
- Overhauling legacy code into clean, reusable components across 55 shop pages on fitbit.com to improve information accuracy and user experience, and to simplify and streamline development.
- Corresponding daily with remote project managers, designers, and quality assurance engineers to ensure project readiness and quality.
- Engaging in frequent peer code reviews to establish consistent coding practices and transparency, and to knowledge share with other developers.
MCD Partners, Fairport, NY (June - August 2015)
- Modified existing web pages for agency clients to resemble new designs from a remote design team.
- Co-engineered an internal company tool with a fellow intern to allow developers and clients to view a centralized style guide for projects.
iD Tech Camps, Waltham, MA (June - August 2014)
- Instructed programming courses for 13 to 17-year-olds.
- Lead iOS in Unity and Minecraft Modding (with Java) courses.
- Constructed week-long course materials guided by the course goals.
- Performed weekly presentation meet-ups with parents to display each student's accomplishments.
Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY
BS Game Design and Development
August 2012 - December 2015